Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Naked Truth

I love to bake.  I mean LOVE to bake.  Combining ingredients in order to create something sweet and tantalizing has always been a soothing process to me.  Baking, or cooking in general, is therapeutic to me.  When I have had a bad day, I usually go for a run and then bake something up.  It's just how I roll.

So when I learned that a friend from my running club was turing the big 4-0- this week I took it as a sign that I should bake a cake for the occasion.  I, however, did not have everything needed to tackle such a lofty goal.  I headed to the store and you guessed it I broke the rules again.  I bought sweetened condensed milk and a cake mix and I went to town creating the most moist, or the moistest, (there are differing opinions as to which form is the proper use of the word. So this way I have my bases covered either way) cake you have ever tasted.  It was amazing.   And I am not even a little bit sorry I broke the rules this time.  And At least there were no expired products used since it was a birthday cake.  That's how good the cake was.  Sinfully delicious!

I didn't take any pics of this particular cake, but I did have a picture of Mary Todd Lincoln's famous Pound Cake that I baked last year for book club.  It was awesome.

 Mary Todd Lincoln's Famous Almond Pound Cake March 2013
The naked cake just so there is a Nudie on here!  

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment