Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Duck, duck, goose

So the title of today's post is the result of my continued attempt to empty our freezer before spring without grocery shopping!  We're having duck, duck, goose for supper!  How fun!  I have but one recipe that I know my family will eat that involves duck so I am going with Duck, Duck, Goose Stroganoff to be exact!  Not to toot my own horn or anything, but it is pretty darn good.  Because the meat is cooked in a crockpot all day long it gets very tender and it isn't gamey tasting like duck and goose can be.  My kids LOVE this one which is why I am going with it.  Jeff requested that I try something new, but given that I tried Chicken Tetrazzini for the first time last week and then listened to everyone complain about it until we finished the leftovers because they didn't like it, I am not feeling very adventurous about cooking this week so I will go with the old standby. 

Anyhow, I did have to buys grapes and bread yesterday, but they both fell within acceptable guidelines so as of now we are still succeeding at our little endeavor.  For cookie day this past weekend I did have to shop for a few supplies, but I just couldn't miss this fun, family tradition and the cookies wouldn't have worked out without the necessary ingredients. 



Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment