Monday, March 30, 2015

Indigestion for a great cause

Tonight Chester has a serious case of indigestion.  He is miserable.  He's bloated.  He can barely zip his pants!  I am serious;Yes, Chester actually had to let out his pants...two separate times tonight to accommodate this latest deposit.  We just stuffed him full of a bunch of Little Ceasar's Fundraiser Pizza Kits for our new 4-H group!

Check it out!

Chester is stuffed and our kids are excited!

And all this discomfort was in the name of 4-H, an organization that gave me so much as a child.  
THE 4-HS
Head, Heart, Hands, and Health are the four Hs in 4-H, and they are the four values members work on through fun and engaging programs.
  • Head - Managing, Thinking
  • Heart - Relating, Caring
  • Hands - Giving, Working
  • Health - Being, Living

As a child, 4-H provided me with a strong sense of belonging, an even greater feeling of community and with personal pride in a job well done.  I learned responsibility, teamwork and work ethic standards that still serve me well today.  I not only was active in 4-H for all of my eligible years (ages 4-18), but I also served as a 4-H group leader for several years during college and now I am fortunate enough to have found a new group in need of leaders and members!  The Constantines are gone country, back to 4-H! I can't wait to see where this new adventure takes us!

PS I only hope that we don't get such terrible indigestion when we eat this stuff!

That is all.
Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment