Saturday, November 23, 2013

The first dinner

Okay so our first night was a success!  Our biggest victory was when we finished off the tail end of an old box of instant mashed potatoes!  I am not sure how old they were, but suffice it to say at least six months.  I also cooked a pot of potato cheese soup from scratch so everyone poured that overtop of the old instant potatoes.  I don't think it was my best meal ever, but the kids didn't complain and Jeff had to work late so he didnt have to be pleased.  All in all it was quite a pleasant experience and I explained this new no groceries deal to the kids and they seem to think it's a great idea so I am optimistic that this will be more successful than the dishwasher or the dryer experiments.

I also worked to complete an inventory so I know just what I have to work with these next six weeks or so.  It was a lot better than I thought in some regards but also a little scary to think about living for the next month and a half without bacon.  We had a half a pound of it in the fridge and I used it up cooking my favorite breakfast after runclub this morning-bacon,egg and cheese sandwhiches!

For lunch we ate leftovers and for dinner it will be the same!  So far so good, but I have a feeling it will get a lot more interesting as time goes on.  My eldest posing with the potato mush!


Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment